Saturday, November 10, 2007

Huskers defeat Kitties 73-31



KSU scored first, but Grix took the ensuing kickoff to the house and the Huskers never looked back as they scored on 11 consecutive possessions. Josh Freeman took more hits than Willie Nelson's bong today and the Nebraska defense finally earned back their Blackshirts. The defense also left the Husker faithful wondering where the hell they have been since the Nevada game. Joe Ganz had a career day with seven touchdowns for 510 yards, leading the Husker offense to a much needed Nebraska victory.

A few more comments and observations:
* It was the Huskers having career days today for a nice change of pace
* 702 yards of offense by Nebraska hasn't been seen in over twenty years
* Joey Ganz had a record 7 passing TDs! I will admit to man-love for Joe Ganz
* Frantz Hardy not only had his first TD reception, but three of them to tie a school record
* It was fun to see highlights on ESPN again where they weren't mocking my Huskers
* The seniors deserved this big win to close out their time at Nebraska

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say that I wanted Ganz to be QB since the Red and White game.

Russ said...

Can we just fast forward to next August???

Anonymous said...

Wally, wow, what a great...and, much-needed...win. Where the heck has that effort been this season?

Colorado's very beatable. The Missouri loss combined with the Cyclone meltdown has Buff fans really concerned out here and the team questioning themselves.

Seems to me the Huskers are on a high and can't wait to hit the football field in Boulder, whereas the Buffs are on a low and fear losing their last game. I guess winning does that to one's psyche.
What's your take on the Buffs game? I see a 16 point Husker win...GO BIG RED!

Is Joe really this good?