There is no polishing this turd. I am violently ill tonight after watching that ass-raping of my beloved Cornhuskers. At least we have the Kansas Jayhawks to root for. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Nebraska made Missouri's 11th ranked defense in the Big 12 look like the Steel Curtain. We knew NU's defense had serious issues, but where on earth was the Husker offense tonight? It was a given that Mizzou would lay 40+ points on the Blackshirts, but only two pathetic field goals for the Nebraska offense? Are you freaking kidding me? What happened to "We take what we want?" The sad thing is that Nebraska came out just as flat in the second half as they looked in the first. This embarrassing blowout was much worse than the scoreboard indicates. There is just nothing positive to take away from this game. Not one single thing. A few more comments and observations:
* A 3-man rush? Daniel was sitting back there in a lawn chair sipping Mai Tais!
* Nebraska's offensive line was absolutely horrible tonight.
* Keller was locking in on receivers and telegraphing his passes.
* No defensive adjustments again this week is just inexcusable.
* There are six games left and Nebraska may not win any of them.
* Pig Brown should have been ejected from the game for that cheap shot.
* Did you catch the MU fan's ESPN sign? Third-grade potty humor is hilarious ... if you are a third-grader.
* FireBillCallahan.com is for sale for $250.

1 comment:
You know, I've tried to find the light in all this mess over the years, but I can't take this staff anymore. I've lost all hope they will ever make an adjustment. Is there any coach in history with a worse second half record? Do you get worse than 0?
I only know of one other team that runs a 3-3-5, which is what we ran tonight vs Mizzou. That team is WVU, and they blitz out of it heavily (much like a standard 3-4, but sub a LB for a safety). What did we do tonight? Rushed 3 all night. And our LB's clearly didnt know how to run what Coz wanted. They were constantly out of position, usually far too shallow. You should never run this defense, for one, but if you do, you should absolutely, positively, not see a gap between the second and third level. They feasted on that all night.
And then no adjustment to it at half. I dont know what sickens me more, that or the fact they really thought a 3 man line would work at the goalline. Just stupid. Many of the same mistakes we made against TT in 2004. If you remember, we tried a 3-8 prevent that whole game, with similiar results. Then of course were the PI calls because Elmo coaches the wrong DB technique. Several calls tonight as a direct result of his faceguarding techniques.
I just can't find the light this season, Wally. It just isnt there on either side of the ball, and there is no excuse for it. This isn't a product of the last regime anymore, that angle won't fly. This is all created by Callahan. I just feel this team is getting the shaft in large part due to the schemes used.
I sit here in Lawrence, and I watch KU's, frankly, better than high school talent being utilized to its maximum potential, while I see our clearly superior talent absolutely wasted. It's depressing me greatly tonight. I really think we could lose 6 games in the regular season now, maybe only 5. No less than that. One bad game is an abberration, but we've clearly established a pattern of underperformance now, and the rest of the division is, imo, pulling out of its slump. I really believe we're in a bigger hole than in 2003.....simply because 4 of the other 5 teams in the division are on their way up.
Post a Comment