Saturday, October 13, 2007

BLOWN OUT AGAIN 45-14

I have nothing positive to say about the game today. Nothing! Okay, the band sounded pretty good. This team seems to have quit on the coaches, or vice verse. There is no other way to explain this steaming pile of poo that the Huskers have become over last few weeks. This team is better than this! Major changes need to be made - and they will be made - because there is way too much talent on this team to explain what is happening on the field this season. The players are just not motivated to execute, for whatever reasons. This falls squarely on the shoulders of the coaches. There is just no excuse for the poor play and execution that we are seeing. None.

A few more comments and observations:
* Quentin Castille was a lone bright spot today. Q is going to be very special!
* Coz is done. The only question is when the hammer will fall
* Worst home loss since 1958: Missouri 31, Nebraska 0
* Headline at Huskers.com: 'Castille Posts First Career 100-Yard Game in Loss'. Props to Q, but that headline is just turd polishing
* The 'best fans in college football' were too stunned to boo. They just left

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Q is better than Lucky, I don't know why this is so lost on people. Marlon Lucky is not playing like the #2 High school RB should be.

2. Bill Callahan made a great move when he chose to hire Cosgrove and give Bo Pelini the boot. I mean, what has Bo accomplished since NE? <-- Sarcasm

3. Is our sellout streak in trouble over the next couple seasons? We have managed to end every worthwhile streak we had over the last 5 years.

Anonymous said...

Hey Wally,
I seem to remember that Frank Solich was fired after a blowout at home to a good Kansas State team... Isn't a blowout loss to a mediocre Oklahoma State team more of a slide towards mediocrity? I hate to sound so negative, but it really seems like we are sliding closer to the pits under Bill Callahan then under Frank Solich.

Anonymous said...

We are being destroyed by a play called...the option! Do you remember that play? The one our numb nuts AD said was dead and boring?

Steve Pederson has done more damage to Nebraska football than I thought was possible. You should be in Kearney Wally.. No one even cares. There are hardly any Nebraska flags out. It is not anythng against the players...and even Callahan..I mean, if I had just been fired and someone offered me 1.5 million a year I would take it as well. It is just flat out boring horrible football. I would rather lose playing hard and playing well than this crap.

Steve Pedersons ego destroyed everything. We are not good at anything. We used to be known for our run game and defense. Give me no name recruits who play as hard as possible over all the big names with no motivation.

This is straight up embarrasing. We have no business on the same field as OKLAHOMA STATE.

Anonymous said...

So much for that. Since we live in Lawrence now, I go to KU games. I had to leave at halftime after they enshrined John Riggins. I was so upset listening to our game on the radio that I couldn't sit there anymore. The liquor stores in Lawrence are loving me this year.

Anonymous said...

When is the next volleyball game

Anonymous said...

Hi Wally!!
Sunday Should Be Declared A Day Of National Mourning! Perhaps The
Coaches Need To Look At Mighty Mount Unions Recipe For Success Because It Really Works!! A Combination Of Perfect Balance On Offense And A Killer Defense {Like We Used To Have} And Most Importantly, Belief And Confidence In Themselves!! Take Care!
Best Regards,
Bruce
PS: You Have A Great Site!
GO HUSKERS!!!!!