Saturday, November 15, 2008

Blackshirts swarm Freeman, tame Wildcats


Wally's view from the cheap seats:
The Huskers settled down after an early Ganz interception resulted in a 7-0 Kansas State lead. The Nebraska defense earned those Blackshirts today by keeping Kansas State QB Josh Freeman off balance and mostly on his backside all day. Josh finally had to send Ron Prince a text message to beg his lame duck coach to stop the merciless beating at the hands of the Blackshirts. What a pussy cat.

610 yards of offense? Check. Conference win on the road? Check. Made Freeman cry? Priceless.

A few more comments and observations:
* Ganz had 95 yards rushing. Who does he think he is, Eric Crouch?
* The Blackshirts held KSU to a pathetic 59 net yards rushing.
* Mr. Suh is a bad man. I am glad he is ours for another season.
* Memo to Bo: Never, ever kick the ball to Brandon Banks. Not ever.
* Marcus Mendoza has a very bright future as a Cornhusker.

Gameday report and stats

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see the Huskers spoil the going away party for Ron Prince and Josh Freeman. The Blackshirts were fired up yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Hey Big Guy, We were both right. A 7 or 8 game season with a lower bowl selection. Maybe it's good we didn't beat VT or TT. I don't think we're ready for LSU or USC.

Anonymous said...

Hey, what a great all-around effort in Manhattan...wow. No way did I think the Blackshirts would hold them to 2 touchdowns. I like the hustle, tackling and toughness this team is starting to show under Bo and his assistants.

Your prediction was awfully close...nice job. I've never questioned our offense and their ability to score, and now that the D is coming around (even though it was a poor Wildcat team), we might well win 9 games this year!

The Buffaloes are pesky. We're a better team up and down the roster.
What do you think about the C.U. game?

Sure am excited we've won 4 out of 5. I think Bo must do a good job of keeping the kids focused week in and week out.

Enjoy the job you do with the Corn Crib.

GO BIG RED!

wally said...

Steve, I think we will beat the buffies handily. The defense is on a roll to prove they earned those Blackshirts and to keep them. Nebraska will be favored by 10 or so and will cover. Bet the Harley!

Anonymous said...

Wally, I love your optimism, although I can't bet me Harley. Me Harley is on consignment on the showroom floor at Thunder Mountain
Harley-Davidson. Me Harley riding days have ended. I want to end me
Harley riding days on my terms and not me Harley's. Getting off a
Harley at highway speeds is real challenging. Part of that decision was the result of a close friend who got killed this summer on his Harley.

I taught for 33 years, and he was a retired school psychologist for our local school district. His death really reminded me I'm not as
invincible as I thought I was in my youth.

I'll continue to go to Sturgis for bike week in me pick-em-up truck.
Aerosmith plays our campground August 5th next year!

The Buffaloes still scare me...