
The Huskers had plenty of chances to take control of this game but just could not finish as the Aggies ran to their first win in Lincoln since 1955. If Callahan's fate had not already been sealed before this game, it most certainly is now. Cally and Coz relieved themselves from playcalling duties today but the result was just more of the same. I may have been one of Callahan's last supporters but I am going to have to take a raincheck on helping him load the U-Haul truck next weekend. This game was still winnable at halftime, but the Huskers made zero adjustments and came out flat once again after the half. The idea of loading the box to stop Jorvorskie Lane may have occurred to everyone except the Nebraska coaches as he ran 35 times for a career-high 167 yards. It is obvious that the players have quit on these coaches and it is time to cut the losses and rebuild.
A few more comments and observations:
* The winner of the 'Caption This' contest of the above photo is "What is that crusty old F*** doing on my sidelines! Isn't there a flag for that?!"
* Turnovers were game killers today, as is usually the case
* Dropping a fair catch is the very definition of bad mojo
* Bowl game? You may want to book that ski trip instead
* Another career-high day for opposing teams and players against the Blackshirts
* The Huskers are in for another good ol' fashioned Texas asskicking next week:
Nebraska 14, Texas 42

6 comments:
I do not know why you been supporting him fot his long...
It has been apparent for quite sometime that he is not a good coach....like before he ever came to Nebraska...
This will go down as one of the BIGGEST mistakes in the history of college football.
now after his 19th loss in 4 yrs will bill get fired? he is killing a great program. frank did not lose that many. so now it is time too let him go
wally, I thought you never predicted Husker losses! :D Hey...we could *miraculously* turn this around and upset them in Austin, right?
Please do something, get rid of the coach, fire them all and bring on the cheerleaders, what ever it takes. There is too much talent on this team to have it end like this. I’m a BIG Husker Fan that lives in Arizona and I’ve put my shirts on sale “cheap” I just don’t want anyone asking all those questions about what is wrong now? I really believe the coaching staff has given up and that is really sad. I think it is time to make a change and bring NEBRASKA football back to NEBRASKA fans!!
Wally - this is definetly the second time you have picked against the Huskers in the Bill Callahan era.
Coincidence? I think not.
Goodby Coach Callahan...
Post a Comment